What helps fending off the cold? Right – soup! Warm, tasty, delicious soup!
As I’ve promised you on last week’s post, here’s my recipe for zucchini carrot soup. It is a recipe I made myself, but I think it’s quite delicious.
Servings: 6 | Time: 45 Minutes | Side: Croutons
- 3 zucchini
- 5 carrots
- 1-2 potatoes
- 2 cm ginger
- 2 onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1,5 l water
- 250 ml cream or a vegan substitution (e.g. coconut cream)
- garlic, rosemary, laurel leaves, nutmeg, coriander seeds, cumin, marjoram and pepper seeds
- salt, pepper
- balsamic vinegar
- Peel and chop up the onions, the garlic and the ginger
- Clean the vegetables and cut them into cubes
- Roast onions, garlic and ginger with some oil in the pot you’ll make the soup in
- After a few minutes add the vegetables and roast them as well for a few minutes
- Add the water and the spices
- Cook everything until the carrots are soft
- Start blending everything in the pot and slowly add the cream
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and vinegar
And this is it, really easy and you don’t need a ton of dishes. I like to serve thicker soups with bread crumbs which I rub with garlic and then I roast them with olive oil until they’re crunchy. You could also put some sour cream on top, which is very tasty as well.